Friday, September 12, 2014

Meet My New Social Work Intern, Allison Kriger

I am very lucky to have a social work intern, Allison Kriger, from the University of Texas join me this year. She is undergoing her graduate degree in Social Work and I am very pleased to have her collaborate with me and help with some of my individual/group counseling sessions this year. Here is a brief statement from Allison about herself: 

"I graduated from University of Colorado with a Bachelors in Psychology. After college, I worked as a special-education teacher until I enrolled into graduate school. I am now in my third semester at University of Texas receiving my masters in social work. I am interning for Cap City Kids- AISD, under the supervision of Kate Amerson. I am very excited to be interning at Oak Hill Elementary!!"

Allison Kriger, Social Work Intern at OHE

We are very lucky to have Allison join us this year!! 

I will be starting guidance lessons on Monday!! We rotate on an ABC schedule, so I will start off with "A Week" and will be in the Pre-K, Kinder, and First grade classes next week. We will have a fun lesson from "Howard B. Wigglebottom" on being a good listener!! I look forward to sharing more about that lesson with you next week! Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment