Friday, March 27, 2015

STAAR Testing and a Peek into my Spring Break

Welcome back this week from Spring Break!! I had such a fantastic time in Las Vegas (my mom lives there, so I go often) and Lake Tahoe!! My best friend and I went and one other friend joined us for the Las Vegas part.  Lake Tahoe is so gorgeous; one of the most beautiful places I have seen!! Here are some pictures I can share with you, so I can remember the serenity and peace before STAAR has quickly approached! ;-)

 
                        


 




Now that you got to share in some of the fun and beautiful scenery, I will be snapped back into reality with STAAR testing. ;-)  I am the STAAR testing coordinator, so I became extremely busy as soon as we got back from Spring Break. Being the testing coordinator means I am in charge of training the staff on all of the procedures and regulations, organizing all testing materials for every student who is testing and all of their teachers, helping with the administration of all of online STAAR versions, and then when the tests are complete, I have a lot of work to do in making sure the tests are secured, packaged, and returned to the district or Pearson, in just the right order and with every form filled out just right. I have to make sure every single answer document is all filled in, just perfect with all the information Pearson needs, etc., etc. A LOT of rules, regulation and pressure, time and some stress, but this is my second year doing it now, so I feel so much better and less stressed than last year! ;-) You always need to find the positive side of things, right? This is what I will mostly be working on for the month of April, so I will not have any guidance lessons for several weeks, but I will still be continuing with my individual counseling sessions, the best I can. 

Don't forget that tomorrow is the Fun Run and we will also have our Student Council Clean-Up of Patton Ranch Rd. tomorrow before the Fun Run from 9:00- 9:45. I hope to see all of our Student Council Members there!!! Have a great weekend and good luck to all 4th and 5th graders who will be testing next week! Remember to make sure they get plenty of sleep and have a nice, healthy breakfast! They will all do great! :-)  




No comments:

Post a Comment